Organisation of an international scientific conference on uncertainty (UncWorkshop)
This third-party funded project is conducted in the framework of scientific cooperation.
EFSA grant number: GP/EFSA/AMU/2016/01
Activities towards implementing uncertainty analysis (UA) are currently undertaken at both EFSA and BfR, based on guidelines that have been developed by the respective institutions. Several tests at EFSA and BfR were performed to adapt the Guidelines to the practical requirements for sustainable implementation. To finalize the process all experiences should be discussed within a wider context of MS and international research.
The main goal of this project is the organisation of an international scientific conference:
- NETWORKING: To bring together world leading professionals in theoretical and applied uncertainty analysis with focus in the remit of EFSA
- SHARING: To provide cases of good practices in conducting and communicating uncertainty analysis as well as accounting for uncertainty in risk management
- MOTIVATING: To identify fruitful areas for further developments to support uncertainty analysis practice
- FORMAT: To enhance the exchange the format should allow at least 30% of the time for exchange, e.g. discussions, group work on case studies, networking, etc.
It is intended that the conference results will also be published in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)