20 Years of the BfR
The German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year
The BfR was founded in November 2002 and has been working within the portfolio of the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL) ever since.
Let's take a look back over the last 20 years. The BfR is part of a long history of consumer health protection in Germany, which began in 1876 with the founding of the Imperial Health Office.
20 Years of "Identify Risks - Protect Health"
In its anniversary year of 2022, the BfR not only updated its logo and design – which will gradually become more visible – but is also celebrating its anniversary with various events throughout the year.
- Super(?)foods and Supplements - Risky or Healthy?
- BfR interactive plant maze "BfR-Nectar-Hectare"
- BfR-Summer Academy on Risk Assessment and Risk Communication in the area of Food Safety
- Open Day
- BfR-School Kid's University
- International Symposium "One substance - one assessment? The next 20 years"
- 2nd BfR Knowledge Dialogue "Trusting during a crisis"
- BfR-Science Slam